FeedMe travels the world, working on organic farms and eating her way through nine countries


October 5, 2007

Comfort Food

I think Bangkok is supposed to have some of the best food on earth. Brought a Lonely planet guide to the city just for the restaurant reviews, and am scrolling through for a good place to eat dinner. The word Vietnamese jumps out at me from the page, and I can't stop dreaming of fish sauce . . .

My first real resturant meal in Thailand (have been frequenting the street carts) is the DC version of comfort food: vermacelli bowl, lime soda, the fish soup with the tamarind and pineapple, and banana fritters. I blame Thuan.

1 comment:

annapurna said...

Glad to see that you did get some Vietnamese food! We'll have to get together when you get back to do some Vietnamese cooking.